MSS People are working with a global supplier of automotive components and systems, who require Tool Setters to join their expanding team based in Scunthorpe.
- Setting tools in presses and their start up in line with production requirements
- Start and Stop Injection Moulding Presses
- Prepare Tools and Equipment in advance of a Tool Change
- Sling and Lift Tools using Cranes
- Presentation of 1st off part to Quality Dept for 1st off process
- Adhering to Quality and work procedures
- Set up robot heads and load programmes
- Reporting faults to tool-room / maintenance in accordance with IAC procedures
- Ensure accurate completion of job packs prior to and at Tool Change and recording deviations where necessary
- Troubleshooting and supporting process improvements as directed by the Process Engineer
- Responsible for safety checks, housekeeping in and around machine areas, routine maintenance checks where specified – always being aware of the safety of other employees
- Participate in SMED activities
- Work to and report KPI targets/results with respect to Tool Change times and OEE data
- Additional Responsibilities for EPP setters include Tool Maintenance and Preparation, along with basic plant and equipment maintenance.
- Perform colour changes
Education & Experience:
- Experience with Injection Moulding, Robots and Processes such as Gas Injection, Low Pressure Injection, Foil Moulding and In-Mould Cloth are essential.
- Hold or be actively pursuing an NVQ Level 2 in Injection Moulding and Tool Setting. An NVQ Level 3 would be desirable
- Have an overhead Crane Operation Licence
For a confidential chat about the role, please call Allan Stevenson on 01642 718936