MSS People are working with an established client who require a Senior Project Accountant to join their team based in Middlesbrough on a temporary basis.
Main Purpose of the role:
To lead the finance department in order to bring the business financial management and reporting systems and processes into line with best practice, the short & medium term needs of the business and accounting standards.
Key Project Tasks:
- Review & evaluate current finance operations including process and software systems
- Identify major issues and other areas for improvement
- Prioritise the reconciliation of client accounts, recovery of debt and support the collection of fees as they now fall due for payment
- Evaluate the current finance team headcount and potential for cost savings going forward
- Lead & direct the team
- Take ownership and accountability for delivery and completion Project Deliverables
- Fully functional software systems along with suitably trained personnel
- Efficient staff structure, processes and systems to provide timely and accurate management information
- Internal auditing checklist
- Simplified month end routines to support accurate and timely management accounting
- Commitment by the Senior Project Accountant to ensure that at the end of the project that the company is able to take full advantage of the solution and that the system and processes will revert back to the control of the company Administration and Finance Manager
The successful candidate will:
- Be CIMA or ACCA qualified
- A chartered accountant, with experience of working with small to medium sized businesses and business processes.
- Have a willingness to take responsibility along with the ability to lead, direct and manage a small accounts team
- Have the experience and resolve to enquire and to develop plans in accordance with strict timescales and standards of quality
- Willing to carry out any tasks necessary to deliver the objectives