- Job Reference: AGS14952
- Date Posted: 25 June 2018
- Location: Middlesbrough, Yorkshire
- Salary: £30,000
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Allan Stevenson
- Email: Allan.email@example.com
- Telephone: 01642 718938
Do you have experience with food manufacturing?
Are you or QA manager looking to take the next step in your career into a Technical Manager Role?
Then we may have the role for you…..
MSS People are working closely with a client who require a Technical Manager to join their team to manage the daily functions of the Technical and Quality Assurance Departments. To support the Company Management in achieving Company and customer policies governing product and quality and food safety. To play the key role in developing and updating site QA and HACCP systems.
Your main duties will include:
• Ensuring that all quality and food safety systems are operated throughout all departments with full documentation.
• Being the onsite contact for quality and technical matters, including the accompaniment of visiting auditors and customer technologists.
• To be aware of customer complaints and where possible to investigate, implement systems to reduce further customer complaints.
• To be fully familiar with all customer specifications and ensuring all revisions are communicated to production personnel and that processes are carried out as specified.
• Keep the production and Factory Management fully informed of any aspect of production which contributes an unauthorized breach of specification and is in danger of putting any product at risk.
• Ensure that processes are carried out in accordance with the latest EC and UK legislation appropriate to the product.
• Complete documentation as required by the Personnel Department concerning quality assurance personnel.
• To take responsibility for Company hygiene and hygiene staff in general.
• Carry out GMP/food safety internal audits to maintain and upgrade the site technical status and to ensure compliance with certification standards for BRC, IFS and COPIS.
• Train and motivate the Quality Assurance Team and Site Managers ensuring that they can themselves comply with and train their staff to meet hygiene and food safety standards and abide by Company policies affecting product safety and quality.
• Communicate to the senior management team any effective changes to BRC, IFS standards and customer COPIS.
• Maintain a close liaison and good working relationship with all visiting Technologists whether customer or government officials ensuring the good name of the company.
• To keep the Factory Director informed off all food safety and quality issues.
• To conduct regular site and staff hygiene checks with the help of the QA team.
• To assist where possible with Product Development and the successful transfer of new products into production.
For more information about the role, please get in touch with Allan Stevenson