MSS People are working with a large engineering company who require a Senior Buyer to join their team based in Stockton.
You will ensure goods and services are procured at the best possible price and quality, to ensure they provide the most efficient support. Manage and develop contracts for goods and services to meet the requirements of the company’s sites.
- Contract development, including terms & conditions, structure, strategy and cross-site initiatives.
- Appropriate contract management, including identification of supply chain efficiencies and supplier performance issues.
- Provide ongoing management of contracts in liaison with nominated technical representatives and other internal customers
- Project and Capex purchasing support, including selection of appropriate contracting styles.
- Assist with the management of the invitation to tender process.
- Contributing to the on-going development of and compliance with the procurement policy, procedures and systems.
- Co-ordinate and manage any client and/or supplier related audits.
- Promote the use of the PSS system.
- Manage all procurement activities at nominated site and support all other sites where needed.
- Liaise with the relevant departments in the pre-qualification of all suppliers. Support in relation to compliance with legal and finance functions.
- Portray the position of Senior Buyer in a positive and professional manner
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- Fully qualified Member of CIPS (MCIPS) or working towards
- A level / equivalent qualification
- Contract development & administration including: - Terms and Conditions - Structure - Strategy - Cross business asset coordination - Performance monitoring - Problem resolution.
- Contract management including: - Identification of supply chain efficiencies & performance issues. - Liaison with nominated technical representatives.
- Project & Capex purchasing support.
- Management/admin of invitation to tender processes.
- Procurement systems, procedures & systems development.