- Job Reference: NXW14920
- Date Posted: 4 May 2018
- Location: Durham, County Durham
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Nikki Wilson
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01642 718936
MSS People are working with a global engineering company who supply solutions to a wide industries including oil and gas, petrochemical and nuclear. Our client require a Senior Buyer to be responsible for the Expediting/Buying/Shipping of all subcontract and procurement activities to ensure materials, goods and services are delivered in line with required specifications and schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• The issuing of enquiries to the company & Client approved suppliers utilising QMS System.
• Expediting of quotes from suppliers
• The receipt and review of quotations.
• Conducting and satisfactorily concluding negotiations leading to commitment of orders.
• Liaison with the package manager/discipline engineer regarding technical, quality, delivery and commercial aspects of the quotations received.
• To report on status of procurement activities and advise projects as required
• Preparing commercial evaluations for approval.
• Administrating technical and commercial issues of Purchase Orders.
• Raising Contracts/Purchase Orders utilizing the Exchequer system.
• Updating the Procurement Schedule regarding purchasing activities.
• Expediting of goods, services and documentation
• Weekly progress updates to Group Procurement Manager
• Invoice approval in line with Purchase Orders.
• Close-out of Purchase Orders.
• To represent the GPM in his absence when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience required for role:
CIPS qualified preferred, but experienced applicants without CIPS will be considered.
Applicants should have previous experience at Senior Buyer level and experience within a similar industry would be advantageous.
The successful post holder will have excellent negotiation skills, self-motivation and a good commercial understanding