MSS People are working a world leading Plastic Moulding Manufacturer who require a Sales Engineer to join the team.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Sales Engineer’s role is crucial in developing new business opportunities in the UK for the client’s custom technical moulding capabilities.
This is an external based role with the majority of time spent meeting with potential customers and new business development.
You Key Duties will include:
- Identifying new business opportunities and new customers for the supply of precision technical mouldings.
- Proactive follow up of all active enquiries to order stage and communication to all departments.
- Visiting customers UK wide to discuss new business opportunities. Liaising with customers & internal support staff to obtain all necessary information and provide customers with quotations.
- Reporting of new business opportunities, providing contact data & forecasting sales.
Skills/ Qualifications Required:
- This position would ideally suit an experienced, successful sales engineer currently working within the UK manufacturing industry and ideally from within a technical plastic environment or a related position with industry knowledge.
- Ideally, a knowledge of plastic injection moulding with particular emphasis on technical components moulded in engineering polymers however, an engineering qualification and experience working for a manufacturer in a similar engineering discipline with an aptitude for plastic is acceptable.
- Must come from an engineering background with customer facing experience and capable of discussing technical issues at engineering & commercial levels with a view to identifying projects & customers in line with the business plan.
- Demonstrable experience in technical sales and a track record of winning new business and building long-term relationships with customers.
Location is ideally Midlands based with proximity to Leicester for regular meetings & contact with production facility staff.