MSS People are working with an established FMCG client who are seeking a Quality Control/Technical Manager to join their team based in Northallerton.
The main Purpose of the role will be to ensure the quality of production complies with site standards.
- Day to day co-ordination of departmental quality team, systems, procedures and practises ensuring a consistent best-practised production.
- Be a key member of customer and BRC audits, including back office work and some dealing with the auditor face to face.
- Provide technical co-ordination and advice to the business.
- Support with the inspection and testing of incoming raw materials and finished products
- Identify and agree necessary corrective actions when non-conformity is identified.
- Assist in investigations and complaints relating to site production including the necessary reporting, communication and corrective actions.
- Creating internal specifications for finished products
- Dealing with supplier Technical Managers to ensure compliance
- Dealing with customer requirements and complaints
- Conducting GMP, hygiene and fabrication audits.
- Have experience within Quality Control / Management
- Have been involved in BRC audits, factory and back end systems.
- Have experience within a food manufacturing environment - with strong HACCP and some food safety/hygiene knowledge
- HACCP Training Level 2 or higher (alternatively have a long track record working with or on HACCP systems)
- Food safety level 2 (equivalent experience)
- Internal auditing qualification or experience (preferred, but not essential)