- Job Reference: AGS14938
- Date Posted: 31 May 2018
- Location: Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Allan Stevenson
- Email: Allan.email@example.com
- Telephone: 01642 718936
MSS People are working closely with one of our clients who require a QESH Manager to support in all Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health aspects of the business within the Fabrication Shop and site projects.
Your main duties will include:
• Ensure that all staff comply with company procedures as laid down in HSE Manuals
• Proactive introduction of HSE best practices for both workshop and site equipment and operations
• Carry out Safety Internal Audits, both at workshop and site
• Advise staff on HSE procedures where required and provide all necessary HSE training in line with training manuals.
• Assist in the formulation of HSE objectives to suit overall objectives.
• Identify safety improvements and propose corrective actions.
• Continually review correct levels of PPE for workers.
• Introduce SBT to workers through training sessions.
• Ensure that all staff comply with company procedures as laid down in QA Manuals
• Proactive introduction of QA best practices for both workshop equipment and workshop operations
• Audit new sub-suppliers, when requested, and report on suitability.
• Assist with all QC aspects during the compilation of tenders.
• On award of contract, assist in the execution of the order in accordance with the quality manual.
• Liaising with clients, suppliers, and order engineers on QC issues as appropriate.
• Review/Create/manage construction documentation for project quality plans/ITP’s (Inspection Test Plans), engineering drawings etc. All as necessary to meet project requirements.
• Manage both site and workshop non-conformances, recording and implementing solutions.
• As required, visit site to ensure that Quality Standards are being achieved.
• Manage subcontractor activities to ensure compliance with project specifications.
• Using LEAN principles identify areas of improvement and improvement plans.
• Review and approve fabrication and welding specifications during both tender and execution stages.
• Carry out site visits to ensure that welding is being conducted in line with company and project procedures.
• Monitor welding activities to ensure project specific requirements are fulfilled.
• Manage the companies Welder Qualification Register and ensure that welders are qualified and their certificates are maintained.
• Involvement in the purchase of welding consumables and purchase/hire of welding equipment.
• Support the growth of other services introduced to our service portfolio
• Liaise with other engineers in other areas as necessary and in particular your team members and fellow engineers throughout the company
• Liaise between other various locations within EMA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) and in some cases globally. Offering assistance and support in individual projects.
To be considered for the role you must:
• Have experience in a Welding Engineering capacity, including inspection would be desirable.
• Have experience in a Health and Safety and Quality Control capacity, including all aspects of project execution.
• Have technical qualifications in a mechanical/fabrication background.
• Have Knowledge and experience of applying LEAN practice as a means of implementing change.
• Have demonstrable experience in manufacturing.
• Be able to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
For a full job description, please get in touch with Allan Stevenson