MSS People are working with an established client who require a Program manager to join their team to ensure that the company are meeting the budget, timing and quality objectives defined by the key stakeholders.
You will be responsible for being a customer liaison to monitor individual project activity and insure all relevant stakeholder resources are effectively engaged and aligned with project deliverables.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide recommendations to sales group on receipt of new RFQ. Screening process.
- Undertakes costing of RFQ for new and transfer projects, to include validation costing
- Liaise, provide technical support and detailed quotations to the Sales and Costing team as required.
- Update quotes to customers during the project stages, working closely with the project managers.
- Quote tool refurbs and additional modification requirements
- Carry out cost analysis on current parts (material price increases) and re-quote where required.
Program Management - New Projects
- Provide detailed brief on the commercial, timing and customer expectation/scope prior to the start of new projects.
- Implement and re-enforces the manufacturing assumption planned during the quotation phase.
- Plan, organise, execute and monitors all aspects of the program to achieve customer commitments for delivery and financial requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring project compliance and providing guidance for continuous improvement in the program management disciplines.
- Design, develop and establish program and project-related key reporting standards.
- Support project managers in negotiating pricing/terms with external vendors, tool shops etc. ensuring pricing/term/lead-times are in alignment with commercial
Program Management - Existing Products
- Assess current programs in production and cross checks to the manufacturing assumption during the quotation phase.
- Use analytical tools, performance metrics, internal processes, and schedule, finance and resource data to verify profitability of active program in production.
- Manage changes to product costings (spec changes, volumes changes etc.)
- Generate ideas for cost reduction proposals with customers and manage specific programs as required.
- Review accuracy of standards within IQMS
- Manages and tracks data for reports
- Assess and report on results of improvement measurements to sufficiently resolve or correct problems
- Work with production, technical functions to prepare tool status, tool refurbishment and repair quotations reports for customers.
To be considered, you must:
- Be Knowledgeable and skilful in application of all phases of a project management life cycle. Applies knowledge of analytical and complex problem solving skills and methods.
- Have strong time management and organisational skills.
- Be able to design and develop process flows.
- Be able to use basic financial tools to calculate ROI and product costing.
- Have good communication and negotiation skills
- Experience within a Plastic Injection Moulding industry would be highly advantageous
For a confidential chat and a copy of the full job description, please contact Allan Stevenson