- Job Reference: AGS14919
- Date Posted: 2 May 2018
- Location: Seascale, Cumbria
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Contract
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Allan Stevenson
- Email: Allan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01642 718936
MSS People are working with an established client who require a Planning Engineer for 2 year Fixed Term position. The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for the planning and scheduling of normal Weekly Maintenance work and Outage work, consistent with meeting production requirements and maintaining legislative compliance.
Your duties will include:
• To manage staff and contract planners reporting into the role, including performance and absence management.
• To manage and prepare normal Weekly Maintenance and Outage planning requirements, including the update and tracking of the various planning schedules.
• To manage, prepare for and record normal Weekly and/or Outage planning meetings, including maintaining work lists and issuing reports.
• Provide oversight of the Computerised Maintenance Management System and act as Maximo “Super User”.
• To progress in conjunction with the Co-ordinators, the specification, stepping, design, procurement of parts and resource management of Work Orders.
• Liaise with all site departments to ensure all relevant requirements are included in the planning schedule.
• Liaise with stores to ensure required spares are available before scheduling work for execution.
• Liaise with the client and client’s site integration team to ensure they are fully updated.
• Review and provide feedback on contractor/sub-project programmes and integrate into site programmes as required.
• Before and during outages to prepare reports on an agreed basis, which may include:
S Curves, Problems, Delays, Potential delays, Mitigation strategies to maintain project completion date
To be consider, you must have:
• HNC or equivalent in process/engineering discipline.
• Successful contribution & work experience in an engineering or maintenance environment. To include experience of: Maintenance & contract management, Outage management, Operations interface, policies & procedures and Legislative, best practice standards & insurance compliance.
• Experience of working cross functionally delivering policies, initiatives & compliance with company & legislative requirements
• Appreciation of costings and budgets.
• Experience with Microsoft Office packages
• Experience and practical use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
• Appreciate and application of data management systems and/or planning tools such as Project, P3 or planning applications.