MSS People are working with an established client who require an Operations SHE Advisor to support the SHE Team in implementing and achieving the clients SHE philosophy, strategy & actions including the companies Zero Harm. The emphasis would be on improving performance on the sites in relation to Safe Working Practices and Control of Works.
You will encourage and promote positive safety actions and behaviours and to provide supportive and constructive challenge as required.
Your main duties will include:
- Work effectively and positively with all employees, customers, contractors and visitors and aligned to the company ZERO HARM charter to promote a positive safety culture and awareness. To ensure awareness of personal SHE responsibilities to themselves, their colleagues and the business.
- Carry out Safe Working Practices training and 3 yearly re-authorisations training at all sites.
- Develop capabilities to act as Safe Working Practices and Control of Work specialist to ensure compliance with current and future legal requirements as well as good industry practice.
- Provide relevant and accurate SHE advice, information and guidance to both the company and contract personnel. To include direction on company procedure, current and future legislative compliance requirements, changes and amendments.
- Undertake accurate internal & external audits, assessments and inspections particularly related to Control of Work and Safe Working Practices to the required standards and timescales, communicating and closing-out action points to completion.
- Review external audit and inspection reports, communicating and ensuring closeout of action points. As required, to best represent the companies interests and support external auditors and inspectors.
- Undertake investigations into accidents and incidents, preparing accurate and timely reports and ensuring appropriate communication and close out of recommendations.
- Prepare timely and accurate information for the SHE communication mechanisms. To include reports, manuals, newsletters, electronic communications, meetings, documentation an training sessions, that both the business and external agencies require.
- Provide behavioural and health & safety training to the required standard for all employees and external companies as appropriate.
- Positively represent the company and the SHE Department at internal and external forums requiring an HSE presence. To provide positive contributions, completion of actions and timely reporting back to other department members and appropriate employees.
To be considered you must have:
- An ONC or equivalent qualification in engineering or operations.
- Operational/Engineering experience in a high hazard industrial industry such as energy, oil & gas or hydrocarbons processing, preferably at manager / engineer level.
- A deep knowledge control of work/ permit to work procedures and associated safety management systems
- Experience of successfully working in and contributing to a workplace team environment.
NEBOSH General Certificate, Technical member of IOSH, IOSH Managing Safely Would be desirable