MSS People are working with a global leader in their industry who require a Metrology Technician to provide metrology support to the Quality Department for the validation of new & modified tools, processes and products.
Additionally, the Metrology Technician is required to support the Production Team in the day to day measurement of first-off, last-off and in-process checks on approved products.
- Inspection of both internal and external products during manufacture.
- Use of micrometers, Vernier callipers and various attribute type gauges.
- Use of vision systems for measurement of parts.
- Assisting internal non-conformance and external customer complaint investigation.
- Interpret 2D engineering drawings.
- Understanding of Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerencing
- Use and fully understand SPC.
- Gauge R&R and Minitab experience.
- Complete ISIR, APQP when required.
- Calibration of metrology equipment.
- Carry out first off, last off, and in-process inspection.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of CMM programming (PC-DMIS desirable) / OGP Smartscope
- Be skilled in the use of measurement equipment.
- Ability to use and understand statistical tools such as Design Of Experiments (DOE) and capability calculations.