MSS People are working with an established engineering company who require a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to work with all members of the team providing professional engineering support to the plant ensuring asset integrity and reliability is maintained, improved & consistently delivered in line with business and legislative requirements.
Deliver engineering and maintenance improvements consistent with meeting operational requirements and delivering against the agreed contract and KPI’s
Your main duties will include:
- Manage and deliver planned and unplanned maintenance and fault-finding activities and overhaul programmes to the CHiP, Turbo Expander plant, and rotating plant. To include two- stroke marine diesel engines, turbo expanders and balance of plant equipment.
- Ensure effective, preventative maintenance routines managing identified risks.
- Using site control systems monitor equipment performance, identifying potentially failing equipment or developing plant issues and taking appropriate, timely decisions and actions to mitigate issues affecting safety, availability, reliability and production.
- Ensure engineering and maintenance activities, procedures and systems remain compliant with ISO business, safety and legislative codal and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver improved plant reliability and availability through delivering structured reliability improvement processes and support of improvement / upgrade projects on the Beckton CHiP plant.
- Be active in plant safety schemes providing support, reporting and implementing actions. To include: hazard observations, near miss’s, incidents, investigations, audits, root cause analysis, housekeeping and supervision to safe working systems standards.
- Provide technical support to others including delivering technical training and coaching.
- Support and deliver business (and as agreed client,) projects consistent with project management procedures, ensuring changes are raised and approved via the ‘Management of Change’ process.
- Develop, implement and champion engineering procedures, instructions, standards, guidance documents. Identify and deliver innovative solutions to engineering & operations opportunities.
- Manage specialist contracts, including the requirements of the Long Term Service Agreement contracts, ensuring they meet contract goals & remain within agreed budgetary requirements.
- As part of the site management team and incident control plan, be part of the “Duty Manager / Call Out” rota.
To be considered for the role, you must:
- HNC in a mechanical engineering discipline.
- Successful contributions in a 24/7 process including:
- Maintenance & contract management.
- Outage management.
- Develop, implement & evaluate systems, upgrades, improvements, projects & mods through MOC.
- Outage/overhaul planning & co-ordination
- Develop, implement & maintain technical documents
- Contract management
- Building & maintaining customer & contractor relationships.
- Working cross functionally delivering policies, initiatives & compliance with company & legislative requirements.
- Mechanical methods, materials & equipment in running plant: power generation equipment & rotating plant.
- SHE systems including ptw, ensuring compliance, risk & improvement.
- Quality systems, ensuring compliance, risk & improvement.