- Job Reference: AGS15487
- Date Posted: 30 April 2018
- Location: Middlesbrough, Yorkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Allan Stevenson
- Email: Allan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01642 718936
MSS People are working closely with an established client who require a Maintenance Technician to ensure that production tools & equipment are suitably maintained and coordinated to support delivery of departmental and business objectives.
You will have a determined and naturally meticulous personality with high levels of attention to detail and a desire to maintain high standards in themselves and colleagues. Experience in mechanical tasks such as working in a machine shop, fitting shop, dismantling and reassembly of tools & equipment etc would be extremely advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintenance of all production tools & equipment in line with the maintenance plan - such as pressure vessels, temperature chambers, jigs.
• Coordination of ensuring equipment requiring external calibration or maintenance, liaising with the providers and purchasing team accordingly
• Definition and execution of preventative maintenance procedures for critical production equipment
• Define a set of maintenance KPIs in an effort to continuously improve the departmental performance
• Ownership of new tools & equipment purchased/manufactured until issued and ready for use (any H&S, training requirements addressed).
• Inspection of lifting equipment to LOLER standards
• Ownership of gas bottle inventory, weekly review of gas levels, associated order requests, booking in & certification.
• Ownership of the Metrology Processes, implementing data capture & traceability as required.
• Part of the risk assessment team, carrying out risk assessments as required around the organisation.
• ISO 9001 & OHSAS 18001 compliance and audit handling
• Implement improvements to equipment infrastructure as required
• Promote need for care & organisation of tools & equipment.
• Manage WEEE recycling/hazardous material collection process liaising with supplier accordingly.
• Applying PUWER standards to all other tools & equipment maintenance & usage
• Collaborate with colleagues to define & implement a small tools management process.
To be considered, you must have:
• HNC in a relevant discipline
• Strong experience in a relevant/similar role
• Has played an active role in improvement projects
• Working electrical competence (single phase, light industrial, low Voltage)