MSS People are working with an innovative, growing manufacturing client who, due to high levels of growth require a number of Maintenance Engineers to join their team.
You will apply principles of engineering, manufacturing technology and management science to the production process, in order to ensure high levels of productivity are maintained on the line. Ensuring that the manufacturing process operates as smoothly as possible, reducing costly inefficiencies to a minimum whilst maintaining the integrity and safety of the plant as a whole.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain close attendance of the Production line, in order to provide Engineering solutions, and to assist in an operational capacity when required.
- Monitor all machines and ancillary plant during production (whilst maintaining notes and relevant log sheets).
- Ensure that any rectification is followed through to a satisfactory conclusion by effective communication with other members of the Engineering team, and Plant Management.
- Follow preventative maintenance / lubrication schedules and liaise with Management regarding spare part requirements.
- Ensure that any specific permits required to carry out any work is obtained before proceeding to work.
- Assist with installation work and give assistance to contractors, as and when required, ensuring that site standards are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that prior to carrying out any intended work the relevant Departmental Management is notified in order to obtain permission to proceed.
- Carry out any repair or maintenance work that is required, whilst ensuring the area or workshop is left in a clean and safe condition.
- Use appraisals and one to one meetings with Team Managers to identify opportunities to train and develop to gain extra skills.
- Plan workload and seek opportunity to complete set personal objectives.
- Provide a detailed handover to the next shift ensuring all relevant information is passed on and understood.
- Assist in cold starting, size or product changes, cleaning in place and running a machine as and when required.
- Participate in contributing ideas and completing all tasks to improve the plant and equipment performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Adopt and maintain working practices learnt on training programmes
To be considered, you must be:
- Apprenticeship trained (Multi-skilled preferable)
- Qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds ONC or HNC
- Previous FMCG experience
For a confidential chat about the position, please get in touch with Allan Stevenson