Key Account Manager
- Job Reference: AGS14894
- Date Posted: 26 March 2018
- Location: Middlesbrough, Yorkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Sales & Marketing
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Nikki Wilson
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01642 718936
MSS People are working with a global leading company who are seeking a Key Account Manager to manage and develop the key customer base within the Military Sector and develop new client relationships and business opportunities in order to maximise profitable sales to secure annual growth & profitability.
Your main duties will include:
• Key Account Management – successfully managing key accounts in order to maximise sales and profitability.
• Responsible for the day to day sales activities and ownership of the sales process in order to achieve and ideally exceed sales targets.
• Networking within key accounts in order to secure all business opportunities, and raising awareness to the company brand.
• Playing an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients. This may involve writing customer specific proposals & responding to tenders
• Arranging meetings with all relevant decision makers within the customer account and/ or opportunity.
• Monitoring incoming orders and ensuring these are fulfilled effectively.
• Managing key company accounts for the company and building relationships with key personnel.
• Holding regular monthly meetings with internal stakeholders about key accounts.
• Investigating and resolving queries and issues raised by key accounts.
• Responsible for the development and achievement of sales through the direct sales channel.
• Develop new business opportunities for Solutions (with new and existing customers), maintain a healthy sales pipeline and unearth new opportunities.
To be considered for this role you must have:
• Must have a degree or equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships
• Ability to persuade/influence Company Directors or senior management
• Ability to write customer specific proposals & commercial input into a tender response
• Must be capable of selling on a consultative basis
• Must have a proven track record of establishing and/or building relationships in new regions or geographies
• Must have strong experience in a senior sales role and experience of other roles/ responsibilities e.g. Management
• Must have experience of setting up and managing distributors in emerging countries.
• Must have a proven track record of managing customers effectively
• Experience in putting together responses to Requests to Quotation and Requests for Information and negotiating and closing deals.
• Responsible for sales in excess of £500k
• Must have international sales experience
For more information about the role and for a confidential chat, please contact Nikki Wilson on 01642 718937