ICT Support Field Specialist - 12 month FTC
- Job Reference: AGS17453
- Date Posted: 10 May 2018
- Location: Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: IT
- Job Type: Contract
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Allan Stevenson
- Email: Allan.email@example.com
- Telephone: 01642 718936
MSS People are working with an established client who require an ICT Support Field Specialist for a 12 month Fixed term contract to ensure that the business is provided with an extremely high level of ICT support & project management services.
To maintain high levels of safety, availability and reliability for ICT services, by ensuring the effective and accurate provision of a diverse range of ICT duties, in order to support the business as a whole in achieving ICT goals and objectives. To contribute to the timely achievement of personal, departmental and section goals.
Your major duties will include:
To manage, support, and develop the ICT helpdesk, policies, reports, procedures, written protocols etc, satisfying both business and customer needs and statutory and agreed internal and external standards.
Ensure comprehensive asset management is undertaken at all sites of responsibility.
To ensure the effective and accurate provision of a range of administration and support duties. To include (but not limited to):
• 1st, 2nd line ICT helpdesk support.
• Preparation and installations of hardware/software.
• Physical hardware rollouts & upgrades.
• Asset Management
• Undertake an active role in supporting ICT projects and strategic activities, led by the Service Delivery team.
• Telecoms Support – Mitel IP, voice recording & Mobile phones.
• Support & management of corporate tools such as (but not limited to):
CMMS (Maintenance management systems)
AutoCAD & Other design suite applications
• Management of multi-vendor printing estate.
• Procurement of ICT Equipment/Licenses/Systems.
• UK wide site ICT Support visits & supporting site ICT based projects where required.
• Maintenance and testing of LAN/WAN/Server equipment.
• Training / Inductions of staff on new systems and hardware.
• To provide appropriate support and information to the ICT Support Manager outlining relevant issues, trends and policies.
• To establish strong, effective relationships with all members of the ICT Department and its key customers – internal and external.
• To remain up to date with ICT and other relevant industry best practice, trends, data and statutory requirements.
• As required, to contribute and complete development and secondment projects, site visits and other opportunities.
To be considered for the role, you must have:
• A ICT qualification
• Relevant ICT work experience & contributions.
• Experience in Installation, upgrading & general support of a wide range of software applications.
• Experience in Building, installation & upgrading of hardware.
• Experience in extensive asset management.
• Experience in WAN/LAN support, installation & maintenance.
• Microsoft OS (Win 7 Onwards).
• MS Office 2010 Onwards.
You must be prepared to regularly solo travel / stay overnight, in order to carry out role & responsibilities.
Prepared to consider & contribute to appropriate secondments & additional business projects.
Please get in touch on 01642 718936 for a full job description and for more information about the role.