- Job Reference: AGS14922
- Date Posted: 10 May 2018
- Location: Middlesbrough, Yorkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Allan Stevenson
- Email: Allan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01642 718936
MSS People are working closely with a well established organisation who require a HSE Officer to maintain the production team's awareness of the potential for unplanned losses of people, time, reputation and equipment, whether belonging to the company or others.
You will assist, where necessary, with the identification and assessment of the means of avoiding such losses. Where unplanned losses have occurred, you will advise and assist in mitigating their effect.
To be considered for the role, you must:
• Be qualified to NEBOSH
• Have experience of Working within a H&S function in an engineering environment
• Knowledge of best practice within H&S
• Have an awareness of HSEQ legislation
• Have and understanding of HSEQ Policies and Procedures
• Provide a professional and consistent reception service
Your responsibilities will include:
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ)
• Being fully responsible for familiarising themselves with the site HSEQ documentation, systems and procedures relevant to their area(s) of responsibility and for ensuring that they are understood and applied to everyone within their respective area/s of responsibility.
• Ensuring that only safe working practices are applied by persons within their area(s) of responsibility, with care for the environment and due consideration for quality requirements.
• Ensuring, so far as is reasonable practicable, that all persons who come within their area(s) of responsibility receive adequate information, instruction or supervision necessary for them to prevent or avoid risks to their health and safety.
• Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times throughout their area(s) of control.
• Ensuring that work equipment, premises and protective clothing and equipment provided within their area(s) of control are used as required and maintained in an efficient state and in good working order and repair.
• Liaising with Company insurers, Company loss adjusters and Company solicitors
• Carrying out HSEQ inspections as required.
• Be involved in any HSEQ investigations to establish root cause and implement corrective, preventive actions.
• Ensuring that HSEQ problems which cannot be resolved immediately are raised quickly with their Line Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To monitor conformance with health & safety regulations & company codes of practice
• To report and record safety performance
• To investigate, report and recommend action on accidents, near misses and non-conformance's
• To carryout, and assist others with, risk assessments and safe systems of work.
• To provide advice on health & safety matters to line management
• To supervise the operation of the medical centre
• To provide training and information to all employees, subcontractors and clients, via induction
• To process claims received from solicitors and Department of Social Security
• To assist line management in dealing with emergencies
• To ensure safety related equipment is maintained and tested
• To write safety policies, codes of practice, ships safety plans in the absence of (or at the request of) the Health & Safety Manager
• To deal with external auditors, Health & Safety Executive and the emergency services
• To assess and monitor subcontractors when on site
• To maintain a programme of continual professional development
For more information about the role, please get in touch with Allan Stevenson