Graduate Research Engineer
- Job Reference: AGS14893
- Date Posted: 26 March 2018
- Location: Middlesbrough, Yorkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Allan Stevenson
- Email: Allan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01642 718936
MSS People are working with a global leading company who are seeking a Graduate Research Engineer to join their highly skilled Design team within an innovative and exciting business.
You will be responsible for identifying research activities that are relevant to the business & deliver research outcomes that are proven to the extent that they can be developed into products or discounted as opportunities.
Your main duties will include:
• Recommend where research effort should be spent.
• What to push now & what to leave for later.
• Use judgement based on technology readiness / size of market / cost of development to select the best areas to concentrate on.
• Agree proposed research programme with Director of Products.
• Find good research partners & work with them.
• By following the research process manage the successful completion of the research programme & associated research projects.
• Build and evaluate prototypes.
• Assess bought in products.
• Demonstrate the research outcomes:
• To the design team so that the product can be productionised.
• To internal and external customers in the form of presentations and papers.
• Work with all company departments to ensure that research programme aligns with the company’s needs.
• Keep records of all research activities so that they can be readily picked up again in the future.
• Support design team in productionising research outcomes.
• Implement improvement in the research process through measurable performance indicators
You must have:
• A Degree or Masters in Physics or closely related subject.
• The ability to Connect physics knowledge to practical situations.
• Good workload management and time planning.
• Excellent written and verbal communication of ideas and technical knowledge.
• Basic electronics knowledge.
• Experience programming in a language such as Python, C etc.