MSS People are working with an established client who require a Financial Accountant join a multi-disciplinary team based in Stockton on Tees.
As Financial Accountant you will be part of a team responsible for the day to day monitoring of the organisation and individual Business Units performance, preparing monthly management accounts, liaising with the corporate office/Platform staff and building on the financial systems already in place. You will be a strong financial accountant with experience in a manufacturing environment.
You will take responsibility for the preparation and analysis of the monthly accounting records and financial statements including any variance analysis, whilst ensuring consistent and robust financial reporting across the business in line with UK and US GAAP accounting principles. You will develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports comparing budget costs to actual costs.
The Role & Responsibilities:
Working closely with the Finance Director the following key duties will be required:-
- Prepare individual Business Units monthly management accounts together with supporting corporate schedules and variance reports.
- Support period end financial closing activities and ensure an efficient and effective close is performed fully compliant with SOX requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support Business Unit Directors to assist in the delivery of their annual business plans, providing financial and commercial guidance where necessary.
- Prepare weekly Flash forecast reports and supporting variances to forecasts.
- Ensure compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (UK & US GAAP), Corporate Directives and Financial policies and procedures. Providing support to the FD on technical issues arising through the implementation of new UK, US and International Accounting Standards affecting the Company, as well as the change in the business environment
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in completing audit requirements and respond to group and external audit queries, where applicable.
- Assist with the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements and supporting schedules.
- Must have proven experience producing the monthly management accounts, budgets and cash control including analysing and commenting on variances
- Experience of working with teams to implement best practice and to continue to drive process improvements and reporting capabilities
- Knowledge of multi-site reporting controls
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Knowledge of payroll processes would be advantageous
- Public practice experience would be an advantage
- Qualified to ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
For a full job description, please contact Dominique Lawton