MSS People are working with an established client who require a Finance Administrator to join their team based in Stockton.
You will be part of a highly skilled, self-motivated, Finance Department, whose primary objective is to ensure meet company, statutory and all other regulatory financial requirements to the specified standards.
Your main responsibilities:
- To accurately prepare the accounting ledgers for designated companies, including sales and purchase invoicing, bank accounts, cash management, and month-end reporting.
- To ensure timely and accurate processing and payment of purchase invoices. To include preparation of fortnightly payment runs and all ad hoc payments.
- Responsible for a diverse range of Finance administration duties.
- Maintain an appreciation and up-to-date knowledge of Financial systems, policies & initiatives as required, enabling the provision of cover for colleagues.
- Provision of excellent customer service & positive promotion of the Finance Department to internal & external customers & colleagues, in line with changing business needs and Finance strategies and requirements.
- Minimum of GCSE / ‘O’ level standard Maths & English
- AAT – Level 2
- Relevant practical experience in an accounts position.
- Experience of successfully working in and contributing to a workplace team environment.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping.
- Knowledge & practical application of Financial data management systems.