- Job Reference: AGS14887
- Date Posted: 22 March 2018
- Location: Cramlington, Northumberland
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Allan Stevenson
- Email: Allan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01642 718936
MSS People are working with a leading Architectural company who require a Façade Draughtsman to Design and prepare plans, sections, elevations and details using computer-aided design / drafting (CAD) software.
You must have:
• Relevant design experience in either Curtain Walling, Rainscreen Cladding or Structural Framing Systems to be considered
Your main duties:
• Produce effective designs by using their understanding of systems, manufacturer’s information and design principles
• Develop details from architectural proposals from their knowledge of building techniques
• Attend project design meetings on site or at the offices of other members of the project design team
• Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by architects, engineers and consultants
• Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for constructing the façade elements.
• Work under the supervision of Design Managers / Design Leaders
• Prepare and adhere to design programmes – communicating accelerations and delays to the Design Managers
• Produce production information for components (pressings, flashings, spigots, brackets, etc, etc)
• Generate schedules for materials / products (glass units, fixings, membranes, sealants, doors / windows, etc)
• Assess and record risk and communicate potential risks to the internal and external teams as appropriate.
• Wherever practical introduce value added design solutions.
• Create, monitor and chase Requests for Information.
• Ensure that the technical risks associated with projects are managed and avoid significant project failure scenarios.
• Work towards continuous improvement and adopt the companies best practice procedures
• When appropriate participate in pre-contract activities by supporting the commercial team during tender phases. Reducing project risk through early identification of key areas of risk and develop potential solutions to address those risks
Working on projects of varying size:
• You will work on your own projects or as part of a larger design team.
• Delivery of technical solutions to project programme timescales.
• Liaising with Design Administrator
The ideal candidate will also be proficient in AutoCAD and have been working as a Designer for at least 2 years within the external facade industry.