MSS People are working with an established client who has asked us to assist them to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Estimator to join their busy and expanding team based in Stockton.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Estimator to progress within a diverse and ever-growing engineering company. This is an interesting and varied role, which involves working on some excellent engineering projects, bringing fantastic prospects for the right candidate within a rapidly expanding modern company.
You will have proven experience in an estimating role, and will be responsible for the following:
- Handling multiple and varied projects.
- Interpretation of customers’ requirements from drawings or computer models.
- Liaise with material and sub contract service suppliers to determine best external costs.
- Liaise with Management to assist with the generation of machine shop processes and routings with appropriate times to determine machining costs
- Preparation of detailed quotations
- Manage specific projects
TO be considered for the role, you must
- Be a highly motivated, time served machinist who can demonstrate successful experience in a similar role.
- Be familiar with a good aspect of CNC machining as well as manual machining being converse with current tooling developments would be an advantage.
- Have good interpersonal skills and a high level of commercial awareness.
- Have excellent mathematical and numerical skills
- Be able to read engineering drawings
- Have strong communication skills at all levels
- Must be computer literate
- Have the ability to manage own work load and work under pressure in a busy environment