MSS People are currently working with an Automotive client based in Sunderland who require a Electrically Biased Technician – Press Maintenance to be responsible for responding to technical issues affecting production and maintaining electrical & mechanical aspects of a range of blanking, progressive and transfer presses and related equipment & machinery.
- Provide immediate support in the event of breakdowns.
- Proactively work to reduce machine downtime.
- Setting of equipment to meet weekly production requirements.
- Isolation and de-isolation of equipment in accordance with company's procedures to allow machinery to be worked upon safely.
- Servicing, maintenance and improvement of electrical & mechanical equipment & services in accordance with current regulations
- Experience of maintaining and interrogating PLC systems (Mitsubishi, Omron, Siemens, Fanuc currently used on site)
- Experience of maintaining and interrogating Drive systems (Mitsubishi, ABB & Reliance currently used on site)
- Experience of working and interrogating Robot systems (Fanuc currently used on site) Execute Planned Preventative Maintenance and provide feedback to develop systems & procedures. Prioritise workload with the relevant Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Confirm work done into Maintenance Management System complete with technical feedback
- Preferably 5+ years in a maintenance department within an industrial manufacturing facility.
Ideally, you should possess the ability to work safely, efficiently and accurately to prioritise workload, be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative with a clear focus on safety and quality. A good attitude, flexible to challenges and possible changes is essential. Also must be prepared to work shifts and overtime.
- Work and liaise with a range of internal departments and external suppliers
- Where necessary provide input into CapEx feasibility studies
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, environment and quality management systems
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
- Liaise with stores control to identify relevant and correct stock items, ensuring all spare parts etc. are booked out in the correct manner.
- Work within 5S methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard
- Must be able to communicate at all levels, have the ability to work as part of a team
Please get in touch with Allan Stevenson for a chat about this role.