MSS People are working with a global engineering company who require an Electrical and Maintenance Engineer to join their team based in Stockton.
The role combines the primary objective of Repairing and Maintaining Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical Equipment with the companies Weld Overlay department and by providing support and assistance to other departments in the day to day running of the business.
Repairing and Maintaining Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical Equipment - Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines, devices, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of electrical, electronic and mechanical principles, including but not limited to:
- Automated weld overlay equipment with PLC systems and/or Circuit boards.
- Electronic cables with connectors, welding machines.
- Various types of electrical equipment and PAT testing of electrical equipment.
Preparation and organisation of equipment for projects, assorting machines, cables, equipment etc., and packing ready for shipping to projects.
Inspecting Equipment, to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
On occasion, onsite maintenance of equipment during plant shutdowns mainly on Refineries and Power Stations.
Troubleshooting, analysing information and evaluating to choose the best solution and solve problems on automated equipment.
Communicating with other members of staff - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Organising, Planning, and Prioritizing Workload based on project requirements.
Entering, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written and/or electronic form.
Liaising with electronics and mechanical designers of the automated equipment.
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Be an experienced Electrical Technician with a recognised Electrical qualification
- Have competent soldering skills;
- Be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as in a team.
- Be experienced and able to use hand tools and small power tools and multi meters, etc.
- An understanding of mechanical/electrical equipment including PLC’s and electronics would be a bonus. Training on PLC automated equipment from manufacturer can be provided by the client.
- PAT testing certification would be a bonus. Training and keeping up to date with certification would be provided by the client.
- Work safely at all times, following relevant Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
For a confidential chat about the role, please contact Allan Stevenson.