MSS People are currently working with an Automotive client based in Sunderland who require a Die Maintenance Technician to provide a service and support to the Press Shop, repairing press tools in a busy maintenance department.
- Diagnose tooling problems at press callout and potential repair of the tool at press
- Carry out maintenance repairs and refurbishment activities on press tools
- Modifications and improvement activities on the press tools
- Record/document die performance and quality concerns regarding the repair details on maintenance reports
- High standard of house keeping
- Working in a safe and orderly manner
Ideally, you will be a time served Toolmaker from a press tool making background, or have experience in mechanical engineering biased. This includes troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution of technical problems. Knowledge of tool/press setting and operation is advantageous. A good attitude, flexible to challenges and possible changes is essential. Also must be prepared to work shifts and overtime.
You will need to have experience in the following disciplines:
- Experience using various hand tools for grinding
- Stoning and polishing of tool steels
- Operation of manual milling machines
- Operation of lathes and drilling machines
- Operation of surface grinding machines
- Knowledge of TIG, Arc and MIG welding
- Experience of precision measuring equipment
For a confidential chat about the role, please contact Allan Stevenson.