MSS People are working with an established engineering company who require a DCS Engineer to complete a range of hands on responsibilities to support the Saltend site in ensuring safety and availability of all DCS, Functional Safety, PI system historian plant systems.
Provide professional DCS & Functional Safety engineering support to the Saltend site ensuring asset integrity and reliability is maintained in a manner consistent with delivering customer requirements.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure safety and availability of all DCS, Functional Safety and PI system historian plant including statutory compliance and maintenance and delivery of plant and systems.
- Co-ordinate and provide input into assigned and cross-functional improvement and change projects and initiatives, contributing and leading resolution of appropriate engineering plant problems.
- Be the central information point for the Saltend team and as required to other departments on assigned areas.
- Ensure compliance with codal and regulatory requirements.
- Complete assigned programming, systems configuration and alarms management.
- Provide appropriate technical training and guidance to Saltend and other agreed persons. Complete the role of ‘Project Manager’ for appropriate Revenue and Capital Projects.
- Deliver reliable, effective spares management for assigned systems and processes.
- Develop and implement engineering procedures, instructions, standards, guidance documents to enable user operability and understanding, compliance, plant support, safety and security.
- Assist in providing compliant, functional design specifications on new plant developments or projects.
- Be active in plant safety schemes - near hits or Incident Investigations. Provide appropriate support and actively implement appropriate recommendations arising from those schemes.
- Establish strong, effective relationships with Saltend Team and its key customers – internal and external.
- Complete and contribute to assigned audits, meeting compliance requirements, communicating outcomes, supporting & driving actions.
- Support proposal development for new business opportunities, consultancy & project management. Portray the position of DCS Engineer in a positive and professional manner.
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Have a HNC in electrical, control or instrumentation engineering discipline. Or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant 24/7 process, chemical, energy or manufacturing industry experience, in DCS Systems and functional safety, to complete job role responsibilities.
- Operations interface and working with and to Operational policies & procedure.
- Legislative, best practice standards & insurance compliance in DCS systems & functional safety.
- Working cross functionally delivering policies, initiatives & compliance with company & legislative requirements. Appreciation of engineering standards and codes: IEC 61508/61511; Electricity at Work.
- Maintenance management systems and Management of Change processes.