MSS People are working with a world leading lifting business who require a Cranes Sales Manager to join their team based in Central Midlands.
Your main objectives will be the Management of Customer accounts to achieve the agreed sales targets and strategic actions for the product line. Transform the needs of the customer into a realistic project and meet the customers’ expectations.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Engage in various sales activities focussing on selling Industrial Equipment
- Promote and support cross-selling (maintenance contracts, inspections, on call services).
- Prepare and implement action plans for effective search of sales leads, and penetrate new markets.
- Implement company sales and service strategy to achieve sales and profit targets.
- Identify, research and contact prospective customers to build positive relationships to generate future sales and service business.
- Visit existing and new customers, building and maintaining good customer relationships within assigned area.
- Making and following up offers/quotations using company IT tools and processes
- Develop long term sales and adapt sales activities so these objectives are met.
- Actively discuss the safety aspect at customers’ site, so our technicians can safely operate.
- Create, update, report and summarise all of your activities in CRM at least weekly so that your sales funnel is accurate and up to date.
- Ideally you need a degree or at least an HND in a relevant Technical subject. Alternatively, you could have expert market knowledge gained from experience in design or manufacturing.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Advanced Certificate in Sales Management or Diploma in Professional Sales or; Level 5 Diploma in Strategic Sales (Sales Management or Key Account Management) or; Managing and Marketing Sales Association (MAMSA) Advanced Diploma in Sales Management.
- Substantial experience in the business development arena of B2B sales of capital and contractual goods and services.
- Strong experience in a Key account, Projects or Technical Sales role.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills with effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Regional with occasional European and International travel as required.