Crane Operations Supervisor
- Job Reference: KXS14521
- Date Posted: 4 June 2018
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical, Workforce Solutions
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Kevin Stokes
- Email: Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01642 718915
MSS People are working with and established client who require a Crane Operations Supervisor to supervise and manage the Crane operation.
Your main responsibility would be to ensure that crane lifts are coordinated and completed for the yard projects as directed by the Yard Manager and Project Managers. Ensuring compliance with Health Safety, Environmental and Quality standards and legislation. Working within budgetary and financial constraints to ensure project delivery against plans and to profit.
Other responsibilities include:
• To manage the daily crane requirements ensuring they meet the schedule set within the projects.
• To take responsibility for any changes or delays within the crane schedule, ensuring they are communicated to all relevant parties
• To oversee the lifting operation and manage resources accordingly
• To control stop/starts for efficiently productivity
• Report progress on targets, identifying and reporting problems.
• Meet with Yard Manager on a daily basis to provide general progress update, and discuss safety issues, problems, priorities and co-ordination of work.
• Liaise with Yard Manager, Project Managers, other Project Team members and other Section Leaders as necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the position.
• Liaise with Project Manager / Yard Manager on items of plant equipment and materials required prior to project commencement and arising during project.
• Ensure that subcontractors are working to project requirements and liaise with / report to Project Manager / Yard Manager
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ):
• Crane Operations Supervisor is accountable to their respective managers and are directly responsible for fully familiarising themselves with the site HSEQ documentation, systems and procedures relevant to their area(s) of responsibility and for ensuring that they are understood and applied to everyone within their respective area/s of responsibility.
• Shall ensure that only safe working practices are applied by persons within their area(s) of responsibility, with care for the environment and due consideration for quality requirements.
• Shall ensure, so far as is reasonable practicable, that all persons who come within their area(s) of responsibility receive adequate information, instruction or supervision necessary for them to prevent or avoid risks to their health and safety.
• Shall ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times throughout their area(s) of control.
• Shall ensure that work equipment, premises and protective clothing and equipment provided within their area(s) of control are used as required and maintained in an efficient state and in good working order and repair.
• Carry out HSEQ inspections as required.
• Be involved in any HSEQ investigations to establish root cause and implement corrective, preventive actions.
• Shall ensure that HSEQ problems which cannot be resolved immediately are raised quickly with their Line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Supervisory experience
• Understanding of shipyard / fabrication operations
• Trade trained as applicable in the aspect of production / operation being supervised
• L.O.L.E.R Planner
• L.O.L.E.R Risk assessor
• Level 4 Rigging Assessment
• Banksman and Slinging Level 3
• Safety and Rigging and Slinging
• Lifting and Rigging operations
• Ensure Health, Safety environmental and quality is embedded within the culture.
• To become commercially aware of the project requirements, cost and timescales
• Work with the production team
• Oversee the man management of the labour including allocated employees and agency workers
• Represent the company in a professional manner to customer’s clients and contractors.
• Behave in a professional and competent manor ensuring compliancy with legislation and company policy