MSS People are currently looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to work for an established engineering company in the North East.
The main purpose of the role will to take responsibility for all commercial activities. Applicants will ideally have substantial experience within the offshore / construction industry.
Main responsibilities include:
- To evaluate, maintain and forecast accurate cost and value for designated elements of projects by means of measurement, estimation, calculation, administration, contract (and subcontract) interpretation and negotiation.
- Commercial Management of projects.
- Financial awareness of project costs and forecasting of costs.
- Ensure projects achieve as a minimum budgeted margins and manage project cash flow.
- Ensure and maximise contract growth through the efficient cost management of the project and the variation to order process.
- To identify, evaluate, process and agree variations with client and subcontractors.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Degree qualified (preferred but not essential depending on experience).
- Sub-Contract background – fabrication and manufacturing with a strong structural background (and multi-disciplined experience would be beneficial, particularly in E&I and HVAC)
- Pre and Post Contract experience
Apply today for this excellent opportunity. Salary will depend on experience and will be discussed on application.