MSS People are working with an established Plastic injection Moulding Manufacturer who require a Business Development/Key Account Manager to join their team based in Berkshire.
- Ensure efficient service is given to Customers including face to face communication where required.
- Process purchase orders and update customers on fulfilment or associated issues as required.
- Manage and maintain the NPI process.
- Manage existing Customer relationships and develop new business opportunities with those when they arise.
- Identify suitable prospective customers through desk and field research.
- Introduce the company's range of manufacturing services by correspondence and or personal visit to obtain suitable enquiries for quotation.
- Projects - Provide consolidated reports to Customers as projects progress and act as first point of contact for queries/updates.
- Process RFQ's including cost estimating, preparation of quotations and cost breakdowns.
- Maintain existing product costings and negotiate cost change with customers.
- The follow-up and management of quotations and costings.
- Support development and maintenance of the Quality Management and ERP systems.
- Contribution to and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other relevant documentation.
- Participate in Project Management and Continuous Improvement teams.
- Attend and manage Trade Shows/Exhibitions
To be considered for the role you must:
- Have previous Business Development experience targeting the healthcare sector.
- An appreciation of Plastics Materials, their properties and the Plastic Injection Moulding process and a technical aptitude to understand plastics products and applications
- Additionally an appreciation of mould tool design, toolmaking methods and processes would be advantageous.
- Be an experienced sales professional with a background working in a Plastics manufacturing based environment in field sales or a customer focused technical role
Initially the role would be a predominantly site based role with requirements to travel and visit customers/suppliers, in the future this could expand to be a more field based position.