MSS People are working with an established client who require an Assistant Management Accountant to join their team based in Stockton.
Your main responsibilities:
- To work effectively and positively with all employees, to provide timely, accurate and comprehensive management reporting. To include:
- Undertaking month-end close.
- Management of accruals and prepayments.
- Support of purchase invoice processing.
- Management of sales invoice processing.
- To analyse variances and resolve potential problems with appropriate budget holders, making appropriate recommendations.
- To work with all employees with budgetary responsibilities to ensure that they are all are aware of their Finance responsibilities and how to carry them out. To provide relevant and accurate financial and accounting advice and consultancy, including guidance and direction on company procedure, legislative compliance requirements and changes and amendments.
- Prepare and produce management reports.
- Assist Finance & Contracts Administrator to ensure effective and efficient invoice administration.
- Support statutory and commercial audits.
- To positively represent the company and the Finance Department at internal and external forums requiring a Finance presence. To provide positive contributions, completion of actions and timely reporting back to other department members and appropriate employees.
- CIMA completed to Certificate Level or equivalent, such as AAT Level 4.
- A’ Level / equivalent in Maths or similar numerical subject.
- Successful contribution & work experience in the following: - Preparation & contribution to financial & management accounts. - Producing cost & adhoc reports. - Maintaining ledgers and reconciliations. - Budgetary controls. - Working with and reporting to external clients
- Confident to present financial and commercial concepts to different internal and external customers at different business levels.