MSS People are working with an established client who require an Assistant Group Accountant to perform a variety of general accounting tasks in-order to support the production of the month end management accounts and ensure maintenance of the controls in the business.
Key tasks and accountabilities:
This position will cover a wide variety of accounting responsibilities, supporting Group Finance Manager and other colleagues within the Group.
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts; posting of various journals including accruals and prepayments.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset register, posting of additions, disposals and monthly depreciation journals.
- Posting of Amortisation and Year End journals
- Intercompany reconciliations and agreeing balances
- Balance Sheet reconciliations, checking for mis-postings and journal accordingly
- Ensuring close of ledgers at month and year end with no date issues
- Cover for the production of Payroll
- Assist in the production of supplier statement reconciliations
- Cover for production of daily and monthly bank reconciliations, and investigation of any discrepancies
- Cover for Petty cash management and Setting up of bank payments
- Posting payments to the ledger, and banking cheque/cash payments
- Assist in the production of the weekly rolling 12 week cash flow forecasts and assist in the preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Ensure monthly files and records are kept in accordance with Auditor requirements
- Assist in the production of Year End Audit pack
- Assist in the production of the Stock rec and Year End stock takes
- Ad hoc reports and general reporting/assistance as required by the Group Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller.
Knowledge & experience:
- Minimum of AAT qualified and working towards either CIMA or ACCA qualification
- Must have a clear understanding of double entry book keeping and accounting principles
- Familiarity with ERP systems would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Dimensions or similar accounting package would be an advantage