Java Developer/Software Engineer
- Job Reference: AGS47858
- Date Posted: 9 October 2017
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Dona Collingwood
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your work will have significant visibility and be crucial to achieving the roadmap and revenue targets for the product. Service teams within the company will deliver multi-million dollar projects based on your work and you will be the go-to expert when they need advice.
• Participate in development, and would be expected to gain familiarity with module(s) of assigned products.
• Involved in the end-to-end software development lifecycle and methodologies.
• Understand design, diagrams and tools.
• Write programs, investigate errors and install solutions.
• Work on complex assignments under minimal guidance.
• Should independently prioritize and evaluate methods to solve technical problems.
• Be a team player, coach and mentor other team members to solve software issues and should work cordially as part of geographically diverse teams.
• Undertake occasional travel as required
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or related disciplines, or relevant software development experience.
• Proficient in developing and deployment of solutions of software product within SDLC process.
• Experience in maintaining and upgrading of product source codes.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new solutions and technologies.
• Experience in writing product specifications and documenting product features to presenting them to a wider audience.
• Strong knowledge of database concepts and programming.
• Logical thinking, takes initiatives, result oriented, ability to multitask and prioritize work.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Expert knowledge / experience with the Java language.
• Expert knowledge / experience with the JSP scripting language.
• Expert knowledge / experience with Tomcat or JBoss.
• Strong knowledge / experience with HTML5 Angular.
• Expert knowledge of Web Application frameworks based on the MVC pattern such as STRUT, WebWork or others.
• Strong knowledge of Microservices / Service Oriented Architectures.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices including patterns Any UNIX, AIX or Linux operating systems.