- Job Reference: AGS17452
- Date Posted: 19 February 2018
- Location: Middlesbrough, Yorkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Sales/Marketing
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Allan Stevenson
- Email: Allan.email@example.com
- Telephone: 01642 718936
1. Does the challenge of purchasing components for bespoke equipment motivate you?
2. Do you thrive in a fast paced, and varied working environment?
3. Are you a positive & enthusiastic influence on those around you?
4. Are you a brilliant team player who thrives off the achievement of team goals?
If the answers to the above is yes, then we want to hear from you!
MSS People are working with an established client who are seeking an enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated Procurement Manager to work with suppliers & partners to aid an efficient and sustainable supply chain for the clients business
The primary focus of the role is the delivery of quality components on time to production. Cost reduction is also a critical requirement within the role.
• Lead & manage a small team to deliver a high quality service to the business - roles currently include a Buyer, a Purchasing Administrator and a Goods Inwards Coordinator. Manage a spend of over £2 million across all areas of purchasing including, component parts, packaging, supplies and utilities as well as ad hoc and day to day supplies needed for the business to function
• Manage the supply chain risk register and provide updates to the Operations Director on a monthly basis.
• Be responsible for the stock valuation held by the business (currently ~£1m).
• Have a clear and contextual understanding of the products, components & suppliers.
• Proactive supply chain management including supplier performance measurement & communication.
• Manage and facilitate the company’s day to day purchasing activities ensuring that all orders are placed on time and accurately to deliver the best service possible to your internal customers (stores/production/R&D and accounts primarily).
• Take ownership of the Purchasing & Supply Chain Management procedure (SAQP03) - this will require at least annual review & update.
• Visit key suppliers (occasionally overseas)
• Have a strong focus on streamlining & automation of the supply chain
• Annually deliver 5% material cost reduction
• Ensure the maintenance of supplier records & performance information by the team
• Maintain & develop a range of KPIs which monitor and analyse the performance of the department.
• Ensure all purchasing activities undertaken by you & the team deliver on time in full kits to production.
• New product introduction
• Proactive obsolescence management
• Play a key role in the operations management team, collaborating with colleagues to deliver against joint objectives.
• Contractual negotiations (often required for military projects)
To be considered for the role, you must have:
• CIPS qualification – Minimum Level 4
• Strong Experience with managing a procurement function successfully
• Excellent negation skills
• Worked in a Quality, Cost and delivery focused environment
• Worked with MRP systems
• Excellent IT skills
• All candidates must be able to obtain a BPSS Security Clearance.
Please note: Some travel may be required. Usually UK based with potential for Europe and USA