MSS People are working with a global leading company who require a Mechanical Engineer to join their highly skilled Development team in this innovative and exciting business.
The development Team are responsible for the design of sensors and systems used for safeguarding life in a variety markets. The successful applicant will:
• Design system elements in accordance with project requirements for a varied range of atmosphere monitoring applications.
• Produce supporting documentation: block diagrams, schematics, 3D models, general arrangement drawings, bills of materials, etc.
• Produce work breakdowns to assist with project planning.
• Contribute to continuous improvement in their area, improving processes and approaches.
• Manage their time effectively to deliver on-time-in-full and right-first-time.
• Work with external suppliers where appropriate.
• Design equipment to relevant electrical safety standards/directives
Electrical design - Minimum HND qualified in an mechanical/electrical-related discipline accompanied by 3+ yrs relevant experience. Knowledge of IPC wiring/looming standards/techniques and the ability to design equipment to relevant electrical safety standards/directives. CAD - 2D drafting and 3D modelling
Communication - must be able to communicate accurately with other stakeholders throughout a project, from conception through to completion.
Defence/marine industry experience.
Solidworks 3D/Electrical user preferred
Work with PLCs
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately due to the volume of applications being received we can only respond to those offering the relevant experience as outlined in the advertisement. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours, then you may presume that your application has been unsuccessful.